There are an innumerable variety of makeup products available in the market today. However, if you are a beginner, refrain from spending a fortune on all these cosmetics. You require only a few basic makeup essentials for your everyday makeup routine.
Now, it is really difficult for a beginner to figure out what makeup products you really need. To make things a little easy, here is a list of basic makeup essentials for beginners. Besides, check out some awesome makeup tips and tricks you need to know.
Makeup is to enhance your facial features naturally and not to hide or change them.
It is a prerequisite for any makeup routine. It makes the skin tone look even. Foundations are available in various finishes such as matte, semi-matte, dewy, and luminizing. The only way to achieve a flawless base is to blend your foundation perfectly. Furthermore, you must not go wrong with the choice of foundation and shade, therefore here are some useful tips.
- Always moisturize your skin before applying the foundation.
- If your skin is excessively oily, use a powder or oil free liquid foundation.
- Choose a foundation shade that merges with your skin color.
- If you are confused between two shades, go for the darker one, as there are higher chances that a lighter shade would look chalky in natural light.
If you find the application of liquid foundation too complicated, I would recommend Lakme Mousse. It’s a super soft, lightweight powdery formulation that provides great coverage. It blends very easily without the need of any beauty blender, apply just a little bit to attain that flawless skin. In case you have dry skin, a moisturizer is a must before this mousse.
2. Blush and Bronzer
These are two products not one but both of them work to highlight your cheekbones and make your face look defined. More precisely, blush is to add colors to your cheeks and bronzer is to add a tan effect on skin and give your face a defined look.
You can skip bronzer if you feel like, however, blush is a must. Blush adds an instant rosy glow to your face. You can select the color of bronzer and blush according to the occasion or your mood. Here are some tips regarding the application of blush and bronzer.
- Blush is applied on the apple of the cheeks. Whereas, bronzer can be applied on cheekbones, jawlines, etc to get contour effect.
- Choose a bronzer without shimmer, as it would give a better effect for lifting your cheekbones.
- Firstly, apply blush on the cheeks followed by bronzer on the cheekbones, finally blend it with the help of a brush to get a smooth finish.
3. Eyebrow pencil
This small beauty product can seriously change your eye makeup game. I would personally advise you to never skip brow pencil in your makeup regime. Well-defined eyebrows can instantly make you look wildly attractive. Moreover, not just pencils there are ample options to achieve those wonderful brows such as powder or gels. All of them work equally well, choose one that you are comfortable with. I personally find eyebrow pencils super easy to use.
- Choose a color which is one or two shades lighter than your natural brow color, for a natural and realistic look.
- Never overdo, to get your eyebrow game on fleek stick to the rule that says “less is more”.
- Make small and light strokes to fill in the brows, and avoid creating solid and harsh lines.
It is another essential product for your eye makeup and is super easy to apply. It accentuates your eyes and makes them look bigger and fuller. Mascara is basically used to darken and curl the lashes so that they appear thicker and lengthier. The mascara wand plays a vital role in getting the desired look.
- The thick wand with short and dense bristle gives a lengthening and volumizing effect. It gives a clean finish and is good for everyday use.
- The thin or skinny wand, coates each lash and is good for volume. Whereas, a curved wand is used to create a curling effect.
- Apply just one to two coats of mascara to get a natural look.
5. Eye liner
It is one of the most used cosmetic products and it’s mandatory to have it in your makeup kit. The primary purpose of eyeliner is to underline the eyes and make the face attractive. Depending upon your mood or occasion your eyeliner can be well-defined or slightly smudged. There are various types of eyeliner such as liquid, gel, or sketch to choose from.
- Use white eyeliner on your waterline to create an illusion of bigger eyes.
- Liquid liner is tricky, one needs practice and a steady hand to master it. However, I personally feel nothing can be more defined than a liquid liner, as it makes sharp and crisp wings and lines.
- Begin with a pencil liner, it is easier to use and is also perfect to achieve the smoky effect.
It can single-handedly make or break your look and there is nothing to doubt about it. Check out the must-have lipstick shades for every woman here. Lipstick is a must-have in your list of basic makeup essentials.
- No lipstick shades look good on chapped lips, therefore always moisturize your lips beforehand.
- Dark and matte shades create an illusion of thinner lips, whereas glossy and bright shades make lips appear fuller.
- For long lasting lipstick, apply a coat then bloat it with a tissue paper, followed by a second coat.
So, this was the basic makeup essentials list.
I hope you find the tips useful.