If you have dry and damaged hair, a natural homemade hair mask is your true savior. The hair mask works as a natural deep conditioner. The nourishing ingredients of a hair mask soothe dryness and add shine to your hair. Moreover, a homemade hair mask is the most effective way to provide your hair with tons of health benefits in less than 30 minutes.
Wondering how to prepare a hair mask at home?
Here are some super-easy homemade hair mask recipes that require all-natural ingredients which are probably already lying in your kitchen.
Also read: Homemade herbal oil for healthy hair
1. Banana Hair mask
Bananas works wonder as a hair conditioner. They are enriched with potassium, different vitamins, and carbohydrates which work jointly to help lock in moisture and remove frizz. Moreover, this banana hair mask is the easiest and most effective hair mask you can prepare at home for dry and damaged hair.
- Simply smash a ripe banana to make a smooth paste without any lumps.
- Apply the banana paste on your hair and rinse it off after 30 mins.
Also read: How to deal with frizzy hair?
2. Fenugreek seed paste hair mask
Fenugreek seeds have been used as herbal supplements and in DIY hair mask for a long time. They contain ample amounts of lecithin, which acts as a hydrating agent and stimulates hair growth. Therefore, they are an excellent home remedy for dry and damaged hair.
- Soak approximately five tablespoons of fenugreek seeds in water overnight.
- The next morning, grind the soaked seeds into a fine paste.
- Apply it all over your scalp and hair and wash it off nicely after 30 mins.
3. Besan, curd, and olive oil hair mask
Besan, also known as gram flour has been a part of the Indian beauty regime since ancient times. Furthermore, it has immense benefits for hair as well. Besan efficiently balances oil in your scalp and acts as a natural conditioner making your hair soft and hydrated.
- Make a mixture of 3 tablespoon besan, 2 tablespoon curd, and 2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Apply the mixture all over your hair and let it sit for 20 min covered in a shower cap.
- Finally, rinse it off nicely with your shampoo.
4. Aloe vera and coconut oil hair mask
Aloe vera is loaded with vitamins C, E, B-12, folic acid, and posses high choline content. Thus, aloe vera has a moisturizing effect on hair help nourish and strengthen overall hair health. While coconut oil has the potential to make hair smoother, stronger, and healthier. You can use the packed aloe vera gel, however, freshly extracted aloe vera would be more beneficial.
- Take 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and mix it up with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to make a smooth paste.
- Gently rub this paste on your scalp as well as through the length of your hair.
- Cover your head with a shower cap to avoid drying up. Rinse it thoroughly after 20 mins.
5. Banana, honey, and curd hair mask
Bananas in combination with curd combat dullness and repair damaged hair. While honey restores moisture and hydrates dry hair.
- Mix a mashed banana with 3 tablespoon curd and 2 tablespoon honey.
- Apply it to lightly damped hair, cover it with a shower cap and leave it for 20 min.
- Rinse it off with shampoo.
6. Coconut oil and honey hair mask
Coconut Oil posses high moisture retaining capacity, therefore keeps hair moist and prevents hair breakage. Furthermore, coconut oil penetrates the hair more deeply than regular conditioners. Honey smoothen and soften your hair, and brings the shine.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of honey in a bowl.
- Apply it through the roots to the tips of the hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it sit for 20 mins.
- Rinse thoroughly with your regular shampoo.
7. Egg yolk hair mask
The egg yolk contains ample amounts of vitamins that can make hair more resistant to dryness and damage. It deeply conditions your hair shafts and keeps them hydrated and soft. It is one of the best homemade hair masks for dry hair.
- Separate egg yolks from 3 eggs and whisk it with 4 tablespoons of water.
- When the mixture becomes slightly fluffy apply it to your hair.
- Let it stay for 30 mins and wash off with cool water and shampoo of your choice.
8. Amla powder and lemon juice
Amla, also known as Indian gooseberry has been an indispensable part of the hair care routine in India, since time immemorial. It is loaded with vitamins, antioxidants and is considered an elixir for hair.
- Prepare a smooth mixture of 3 tablespoon amla powder and 3 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Apply it over your hair and scalp.
- Rinse it off after 30 mins with shampoo.
Also read: How to use Lemon in your beauty routine?
So these were some super easy recipes for DIY homemade hair mask for dry hair.