Curly hair looks exceptionally beautiful. However, frizziness and dryness are two inseparable companions of curly hair. Undoubtedly, frizzy curls are hard to tame. However, you just need to give extra attention and care to manage frizzy hair.
What causes frizziness?
Dryness is the main cause of frizzy hair. Hot and humid weather trigger dryness that leads to frizziness. Furthermore, you may have naturally frizzy curls due to genetic reasons. In some cases, chemical treatments such as bleaching can also cause dryness.
Keep scrolling to know what to do for frizzy hair?
1. Avoid frequent hair wash
Frizzy hair are naturally dry, washing them frequently can make them appear more dry and dull. Moreover, the sulfates and parabens in your shampoo strip off natural oils from the hair. Thus, washing them once in 3 or 4 days will suffice.
Additionally, go for sulfate and paraben-free shampoo that suits you best.
2. Use conditioner every time you wash your hair.
Conditioning helps the hair to retain moisture for a longer duration. Apply conditioner a few inches away from roots through the ends. The Leave-in Conditioners are even better. A hydrating conditioner packed with glycerine is best to tame frizzy hair. I would suggest never miss out on the conditioner from your hair care regime.
3. Do not use towel to dry your hair.
Wet hair are extremely delicate, dry them out gently. Rubbing a towel against wet hair leads to roughness and breakage resulting in frizzy and dull hair. Choose a soft towel or instead use an old cotton T-shirt to dry your hair. Gently squeeze out excess water from hair and let them dry in a towel turban.
4. Oiling hair regularly
Hot oil massage is one of the simplest ways to infuse moisture and shine to your frizzy hair. The oil nourishes the hair cuticles and makes the end smooth. Put oil on your palm and gently massage it through your scalp and hair. Leave it for at least 20-30 min and wash it off with mild shampoo followed by conditioning.
Apply a generous amount of oil to your hair. However, avoid applying too much oil as this would lead to the use of excess shampoo to wash it off making hair dry.
Also read: Homemade herbal oil for healthy hair
5. Mask your hair once a week
The best way to hydrate your hair is by applying a nourishing hair mask. A moisturizing hair mask will help control dryness and dullness. You do not need to spend a fortune on a hair mask, simple kitchen ingredients can help you deal with frizziness. Following are the natural remedies for frizzy hair:
- Apply a mixture of curd and coconut oil as a hair mask.
- Banana+Honey+ coconut oil mask is very hydrating.
- After shampoo, rinse your hair with diluted apple cider vinegar. Wash it off after few minutes followed by a conditioner.
Also read: How to use Lemon in your beauty routine?
Here are some quick super-easy tips for you on how to fix frizzy hair?
- Go for silk or satin pillow covers, as it reduces friction with hair while sleeping.
- Comb your hair when they are slightly damp. Use your fingers to detangle your curls, followed by a wide-tooth comb.
- Reduce the use of heat styling tools on your hair. Also, apply a heat protectant serum or creme before using heated tools on your hair.
- Apply hair serum to avoid frizziness. You can use a mixture of coconut oil and water as your DIY hair serum.
- Avoid hot shower, use lukewarm water to wash your hair.
- Pick hair products that are free of harsh chemicals such as alcohol and sulfate.
- Regularly trim your hair to get rid of dry and dead ends.
- Limit the use of chemicals such as bleaches and dyes on your curls.
Lastly, your natural hair texture is not going to change, so the best thing would be to accept it.
Therefore, style your hair wisely, use your naturally frizzy texture to create a voluminous braid or a messy bun. Experiment with your hairstyle and embrace your frizzy hair.