Summers is about sunny days and chilling with friends and family by the poolside. Unfortunately, the blazing summer sun makes our skin tan. It is a common skin problem that all of us encounter, especially during summers. The primary cause of skin tanning is exposure to harsh sunlight. If you are wondering how to remove tan, you are at the right place.
Also read: 10 best summer skincare tips you must follow this season
Here are some easy and effective remedies to remove suntan.
1. Red lentil (masoor dal)
Red lentils or masoor dal are loaded with vital nutrients and have miraculous beauty benefits. It is one of the best natural exfoliators for the skin. It removes the dead skin and cleanses skin pores very gently. Besides, red lentils are known for their skin lightening effects and help in getting rid of scars and pigmentation.
Soak red lentils in water for a few hours. Drain the water and prepare a paste in a blender. Use this red lentil paste as a face pack as mentioned below.
Red lentil (masoor dal) face pack recipes:
1. Red lentil and tomato: Add 1 tablespoon of tomato juice to 2 tablespoons red lentil paste, apply the mixture as a face pack. Wash it off after 15-20 mins.
2. Milk with red lentil: Make a face pack by mixing 2 tablespoons of red lentil paste with 2 tablespoons of raw milk. Apply this on the face and neck and rinse off after 15-20 mins.
3. Gram flour and red lentil: Mix equal portions of gram flour and red lentil paste. To this mixture add rosewater to make a smooth paste. Gently rub this mixture over the tanned face for a few mins. Let it sit for 15-20 mins and wash it off with water.
2. Potato juice
Potatoes are known for their skin-lightening benefits. Thus, it is widely used as a home remedy to get rid of stubborn suntan. Besides, it can be applied topically, to achieve clear and glowing skin.
You can simply take a raw potato slice and rub it over the affected area. Rinse it off after 10-15 mins. You can also use potato juice as a face pack as mentioned below.
Potato juice face pack for treating skin tan:
1. Potato and lemon: Mix 2 tablespoons of potato juice with half a tablespoon lemon juice. Apply it over your face with the help of cotton. Let it dry naturally for a few minutes and rinse it off.
2. Multani mitti and potato juice: Take one tablespoon of Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and add potato juice to make a paste. Apply it on your face and rinse it off once partially dry.
3. Potato juice and tomato: Prepare a smooth paste by mixing 1 tablespoon of potato juice, 1 tablespoon tomato juice, and a little amount of honey.
Also read: How to deal with frizzy hair?
3. Orange peel
Orange peels are a rich source of antioxidants and vitamin C. Consequently, it possesses skin brightening properties and fights pigmentation.
Preparation of orange peel powder– Collect the orange peels and dry them under sunlight for 2-3 days. Now grind the dried peels in a grinder to make a fine powder. Store the powder in a clean and dry bottle.
Easy orange peel powder face pack for tan removal:
1. Orange peel and yogurt: Mix 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder with 2 tablespoon yogurt. Apply this on the tanned area and rinse it off after 15-20 mins
2. Multani mitti and orange peel: For oily skin, mix orange peel powder with Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) in equal amounts and add rose water to make a smooth paste. Apply on the face and rinse off only when it’s semi-dry.
3. Orange peel and oats powder: Prepare a mixture of one tablespoon orange peel powder and 1 tablespoon oats powder. Add rose water to make a smooth paste, apply it all over your face. Rinse it thoroughly after 20 mins
Also read: How to use Lemon in your beauty routine?
4. Cucumber juice
Cucumber is a great source of Vitamin C and has a cooling effect on the skin. It is ideal for treating sunburn and skin tan. Subsequently, cucumber juice rejuvenates skin and promotes even skin tone.
Shred a cucumber, squeeze the juice out. Apply this cucumber juice all over the affected area using cotton.
Cucumber juice face pack for tan removal:
1. Cucumber, rosewater, and lemon: Prepare a mixture of 2 tablespoon cucumber juice, 1 tablespoon rose water, and 3-4 drops of lemon juice. Using a cotton pad, rub this mixture of the tanned skin. Wash it off after 20 mins.
2. Multani mitti and cucumber: Make a smooth paste of Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) and cucumber juice. Apply this face pack on your face and neck, rinse it off once partially dry.
3. Cucumber, aloe vera, and yogurt: Mix 2 tablespoons of cucumber juice with 1 tablespoon aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon yogurt. Use this mixture as a face pack for tanned skin.
Also read: 5 Homemade face packs you can try while staying home
Tomatoes contain an abundant amount of phytochemicals such as carotenoids. It helps to maintain an even and natural skin tone. It fights the damage done by the harmful UV rays of the sun. Therefore, it is highly recommended for tan removal.
Simply cut a tomato in half and rub it all over the affected area. You can also prepare a smooth tomato paste. Wash it off after 15-20 mins. Besides, you can also try a tomato face pack for getting rid of tan.
Tomato face packs for treating skin tan:
1.Yogurt and tomato: Mix 2 tablespoon yogurt with 2 tablespoon tomato juice and apply it over the affected area. Let it sit for 15-20 mins and rinse with water.
2. Gram flour and tomato: Mix approx. 2 tablespoons of gram flour with 2-3 tablespoons of tomato juice to make a smooth paste. Gently rub the tanned skin with the prepared paste for mins. Afterward, let it dry on its own. Wash it off with water after 15-20 mins.
3. Turmeric and tomato: Prepare a paste of 1 tablespoon turmeric powder with tomato juice.Apply it on the affected area and clean it off after 15-20 mins
Also read: 8 Easy Homemade Hair Mask for Dry and Damaged Hair
Turmeric has miraculous skin benefits. It is known to have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It brightens dull skin and promotes even skin tone. Consequently, turmeric is great for getting rid of suntan. Moreover, it also works as a gentle exfoliator and gently removes dead and dull skin.
Turmeric face pack for tan removal at home:
1. Turmeric and milk: Take 1 tablespoon full of turmeric powder, add raw milk to make a smooth paste. Apply this on the face, let it dry naturally for 15-20 mins. Rinse it off with water.
2. Gram flour and turmeric: Mix 2 tablespoons of gram flour, half tablespoon turmeric powder, and few drops of lemon juice. Put some rosewater to make a smooth paste. Apply this on the face and neck. Let it partially for 15-20 mins and wash it off with water.
7. Aloe vera
Aloe vera has a cooling effect and soothes sunburn. It aids in pigmentation removal and promotes healthy and glowing skin naturally. It is one of the easiest home remedies for tan removal at home.
Take a freshly cut aloe vera and apply it all over the affected area, wash it off after 30 mins. You can also use commercially available aloe vera for the same.
Also read: Deyga Organics Product Review: Aloevera Gel, Rose Water Facial Toner, and Beetroot Lip balm
Papaya possesses exfoliating properties, therefore helps in the removal of dead skin. Furthermore, it is also known for its potent skin-lightening properties. Thus, it is an effective remedy for skin tanning.
Make a smooth paste of papaya in a mixer and add 2-3 drops of lemon juice. Apply it all over the tanned area, rinse it off after 10 mins.
This was all guys!! Hope you find it helpful.
These are some home remedies to remove tan from face. However, prevention is always better than cure. Therefore, you must try to avoid getting tanned in the first place. Here are some tips to prevent a tan. Always keep your face covered while going out in the sun.
You can follow Every Shade of women on Instagram and Facebook. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date.
[…] Also read: How to remove tan from face: Easy home remedies […]